Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

User Comments in QlikView

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to let users create comments.

This means there is no space

Background: There is every morning a meeting of our order planning department... they discuss critical order and neccessary steps and so on. They want to keep notes on that which are visible in QlikView.

I took a look at the internal notes function in QlikView Accesspoint. It would be fine but the notes are created for objects (charts, tables) instead for Values. But in fact I need to connect the Notes to a value, a key value like "Order No."

Further I saw a (external) solution, with a server extension object. I think it will be hard integrate such an extension with our company structure, and it needs a Web-Server. Which would be almost impossible to set up and administer only for a commentary function.

So we made a workaround(quick and dirty solution, but practically working).

Input is an excel sheet with a VBA input mask. This file is read into QlikView hourly.

Problems: 1. No "realtime" view of comments

2. Excel Sheet and multi user is a bit crappy (could be possibly solved with further effort)

3. A 2nd tool is necessary outside qlikview, it's not really "userfriendly"

Anyone who has a brilliant idea to solve this in QlikView is very welcome.

Else we have to live with the current solution.

2 Replies
Not applicable

You can use the "TRACE" in the script with the following syntax:

TRACE the expression that you want to use ending with semicolon

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello,

Have you tried selecting the "Take a Snapshot" option when entering the note? You could therefore select the desired Order No. from a list, and add a note based on a snapshot of the currently selected values. Later on, when you would select the desired note from the list of notes, the dashboard shall automatically recreate the data selection scheme you had in place, briging back the original analytical view.

Regards,

Philippe