Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

User Documentation Tab on the dashboard-Suggestions please

Hi Experts,

This is regarding the user documentation on the dashboard functionality tool guide. So far we have added two tabs that show 'How To' that describes how to use the qlikview and work with qlikview. The second tab something like 'Capital Budgeting Tool guide' to show the functionality of the dashboard, the information that holds on each tab of the Qlikview document. Also, I walk through the steps that help user to understand and do their analysis easier.

So far all this is just a description on these tabs. What I am thinking is to make it bit dynamic where the user should be able to click on the objects and then should be able to view the information related to that object and the information that it holds.

The click on the object can lead to the tool guide tab or just open a pop up message window. Anything that is very interactive to the user would be very helpful.

I request to pour in suggestion on this and help me

Thanks heaps in advance.

Regards,

Shyam.

1 Reply
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Click on the object usually carries a certain function (selections, for example), so you should be careful overriding that.

One way is to leverage the standard Help functionality, which can be used very effectively with any objects that have captions.

Another way requires more development but the end result maybe closer to your vision:

- you could have a Help button that turns on the Help mode fir the whole sheet.

- in the Help mode, several semi-transparent text objects become visible, highlighting the hot spots, or the areas that offer help.

- clicking on each semi-transparent text leads to opening another text object with the corresponding help text.

- clicking on the same Help button once again disables the Help mode.

depending on your cost/benefit equation, you can choose between these two options.

cheers!

Oleg Troyansky