Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hibhardwaj
Contributor III
Contributor III

User Input Fields: Dont want them to update

Hello There!

I have a report that uses Manual User entry field through Access Point. Basically, users update this field to count certain SKUs and input them against the actual number that comes from the database. 

Here is the problem- I dont want this field to be wiped every time the report is refreshed. But I want it to be wiped clean once every 24 hours. Its almost like having two refresh cycles- 1) Refresh cycle set to 15 minutes for all the database fields 2) Refresh cycle set to 24 hours for this user entry field. 

Is this possible? Or am I explaining the need here? 

Let me know please! Thanks for your time.

~Himanshu

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Per the Help link below, the Input Field(s) should retain values between reloads, so it would seem we either have a bug in play here, or you are doing something else in the load script that is resetting the field would appear to be the only two options of which I can think.  

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Scr...

If after having reviewed the Help, you believe things are not working as documented, I would recommend opening a support case and attaching an example app we can use to try to replicate the issue in one of our environments.  Hope this helps move you forward at this point.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.