Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nagireddy_qv
Creator II
Creator II

User preferences reset on document open

Hi all,

I am trying to save some user preferences so I can run my Nprinting report as user  requirement. Here is the setting under User preferences -- Objects -- Default label for Totals - Blank instead of Total. The default option looks like below but I have to have it blank in order for Nprinting purposes. So the issue is I have to save this setting everytime I run a Nprinting report as it resets to 'Total' on closing the document. Is there any way we can do the same in document settings or in "C:\Users\youruserid\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini" file so I can avoid setting it everytime a report is run. Please help.

Capture1.PNG

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Is that "youruserid" the same account that NPrinting is using? Very often, the accounts for the services are not people accounts (e.g.: no permissions to perform batch jobs/non-interactive user).

If not, log in with that account, store the preferences as you like them, and try again.

atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

Yes by deleting the total and having it totally empty it will be reset.

If you set it to a single space character then that will be kept and NOT reset.

HTH

Adrian

nagireddy_qv
Creator II
Creator II
Author

ChartTotalString is the setting that should be set to blank in this case??

nagireddy_qv
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I really donot want a space, it should be blank as we are not wrapping the previous column and the label of first column  should flow onto this empty column space.

jobsonkjoseph
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

if you leave

ChartTotalString=

QvScriptSet=2000000,2FFFFFF,0,0,0

this blank or edit it to

ChartTotalString=

QvScriptSet=0,0,0,0,0

after reloading Total reappears. Looks like you need to manually delete it for all users.

nagireddy_qv
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Here is  my settings.ini file. I tried to remove ChartTotalString= Total and leave it blank but the Nprinting report doesnt seem to get rid of that (highlighted in yellow). Am i missing any other setting?? Please check the file and let me know.

Capture2.PNG

nagireddy_qv
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Im using Nprinting service account and making the changes in the settings file.

nagireddy_qv
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I tried to set in the document settings also, in the help menu..but doesnt seem to work. I hope this is not a bugCapture3.PNG