Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_ripley
Creator III
Creator III

User unable to see app on access point

Hello

I have a an app the 'Cost Report' which is on the access and is being used.  The ability to view the app is by the security group 'Cost Centre QlikView.

The user has access to this group which can be seen on the management console

Yet he still cannot view the app on the access point

He has logged completely off and his computer and yet still doesn't see it

He was added to the group 3 days ago

Is there anything else I can check to see why he doesn't  see it on the access point?

Many thanks

Paul

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Normally 3 days should be enough to update the access-rights but maybe some services is down. Therefore a re-start of the qlik-services and maybe the whole machine might help. Further it could be that this application used section access and this new user isn't added there.

- Marcus

paul_ripley
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Marcus

Thanks for your reply. There is no section access.  We did change servers recently and I am wondering if it something to do with this.  But cant see what would be stopping new users from access this report

marcus_sommer

I would also try to assign the rights for this app and user directly and further checking if this user could access other applications (maybe just creating any dummy-app for it within another folder) just to see if it worked.

- Marcus

paul_ripley
Creator III
Creator III
Author

In fact the problem was due to section access.  Normally we control who can view the apps on the access point by folder permissions, therefore my assumption was that if a user could not view the app on the access point then they didn't have access to the folder.  In this case they did have access to the folder but it as it was a cost centre report, access was restricted to various cost centres and this stopped them from even viewing the report on the access point