cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukegilligan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Username/Password not remembering after update

After upgrading to Qlikview April 2019 SR3 yesterday I am unable to automatically load any documents via windows task scheduler due to QV prompting for manual user/name entry before a reload.

This is happening with all QVW files that I have created and I have tried removing the ODBC CONNECT32 statement and re-entering it with no success. If I manually enter the user/pass when prompted it works with no issues, but as soon as the doc is closed and re-opened it prompts for the user/pass again.

I am connecting to a Greentree JADE db via 32bit ODBC connector.

Is this a known bug, and if so is there a fix?

Thanks

Luke

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lukegilligan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I ended up finding a work around for this.

I created a completely new user in GT with new credentials and was able to connect to the DB with no further issues.

Still not entirely sure what happened as the original user had not changed in any way, the only difference was the upgrade to QV.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lukegilligan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I ended up finding a work around for this.

I created a completely new user in GT with new credentials and was able to connect to the DB with no further issues.

Still not entirely sure what happened as the original user had not changed in any way, the only difference was the upgrade to QV.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The only thing of which I can think is you may have run up against the BNF feature, you did not say from what release you upgraded etc., but here is the Help link on things, recreating the links likely fixed the syntax issues would be my best hunch on this one.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/scrip...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Backu...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.