cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arogers
Contributor II
Contributor II

Users unable to copy charts using IE plug in

I am currently using QV 11 with users utilizing the access point.  In the past cloning a chart and adding dimensions was an available option to the users; I see that option is no longer available.  However, I have the ability to copy a chart and past it (from the access point) - giving me the ability to access the properties and dimensions but my users are not.  I have checked that the security on the document is set with the ability to copy.  Has anyone else experienced this? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
arogers
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This was actually solved using the QlikView Managment Console.  When I distribute the model to the access point, my users needed to be added to the Server/Server Object Authorization to "Allow Creation of Server Objects".  All other rights had been granted.   Thank you for your response.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If you have Section access applied on the application, then make sure that users have given the access to copy the object.

Another thing can be that sheet level security is given to move and copy objects.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki    

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
arogers
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This was actually solved using the QlikView Managment Console.  When I distribute the model to the access point, my users needed to be added to the Server/Server Object Authorization to "Allow Creation of Server Objects".  All other rights had been granted.   Thank you for your response.