Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using 2 dimensions on a graph with 2 expressions

Hi

I want to know if it is possible to make a graph with 2 lines on it and then use dimensions to split the lines out. So I have 2 tables something like this

Item NumberASDATescoPrice Date
11012Jun 2012
21518Jun 2012
32024Jun 2012
42530Jun 2012
1119Aug 2012
21615Aug 2012
32521Aug 2012
43027Aug 2012

Item NumberSizeColour
1SmallGreen
2LargeGreen
3SmallBlue
4LargeBlue

So my graph has 2 lines on it average ASDA price and average Tesco Price with the dimension price date to see how prices change through time. I then want to be able to easily split these lines up so I can see how prices of small and large change at tesco and asda so there would be 4 lines on the graph and then be able to click and see how different colour prices change through time too. On graphs with just one line I have been able to do this with a cyclic second dimension so I can just change that dimension and the lines are grouped by whatever the second dimension is but I have found when I have 2 expressions Qlikview will not do this.

Hopefully that made some sense. Is there another way?

Thanks a lot

Richard

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

could you send sample file?

Not applicable
Author

This should show the problem. The first graph has average tesco and average asda prices with a second cyclic dimension which does nothing whereas the second graph has just average asda price and a second cyclic dimension which allows you to rotate through the different field details and the average asda price is split up. Ideally I would have one graph with average asda and average tesco prices which are then split up by size or colour and I can just click a button to cycle through the dimensions. The actual file I'm working on has a lot more dimensions, this is just a simplified example.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

i think it is imposible to do it

you can still do it by variable (and conditional show/hiden expressions) but with more dimension it would be dificult to provide