Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Alert Wizard to send emails with reports attached?

Hello,

I want my application to send email alerts containing not only plain text but also a QV report (developed in QV 'report' function).

Is it possible?

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Sending attachment via Alert Wizard is not possible. As mentioned above, need to use macro and windows scheduler to do that.

Regards.

siva

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

It is not possibble to attach files to alerts . If you want to send the file in all cases, you have to create a macro and use the Windows Scheduler or something, but not with QlikView.

Regards.

Siva

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

But without attachment it is possible to send mail using alerts. Please find my document here.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3556

Regards.

Siva

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Attaching sample docment on the above alert and mail functionality.

PFA

vikasmahajan

Refer http://community.qlik.com/thread/81722 my documents

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

Thank you guys for the replies. What is critical in may case is sending attachments (reports) in the email.

I know how to send a plain text email alert but I was looking for a option to send an attachment.

I've already found some posts by Vikas about it.

Thank you.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Sending attachment via Alert Wizard is not possible. As mentioned above, need to use macro and windows scheduler to do that.

Regards.

siva

Not applicable
Author

I have the same issue ... how can I use macro and windows scheduler to do that