Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Using Google Maps with QlikView

I followed the instructions on this whitepaper to include Google Maps in my document and it works http://global.qlik.com/uploadedfiles/Whitepapers/whitepaper_how_qliktech_uses_qlikview_google_maps.p....

My question is I seem to be having a problem getting the latitude/longitude coordinates to center correctly on the map. I'm using version 8.5 so I have to overlay the chart on the map, which I've done without much difficulty. The problem seems to be to get the chart to center correctly on the map. I've attached a simple example of what I'm getting. Has anyone used the whitepaper example to implement Google Maps?

Thanks.

33 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you want you could try out Idevio Maps as an alternative to Google Maps, it's a faster, more interactive way to use maps within Qlikview. Main benefits are:

• Fast map with dynamic zoom and pan.
  • Client side rendering, handles thousands of objects with ease.
  • Plug and play, easy to setup and configure.
  • Extendable, the extension serves as a starting point.
  • World coverage, street level for many areas.
  • Secure, own hosting possible.

Idevio Maps are available to Qlikview 10 as an extension object.

Visit www.idevio.com/demo for more info and demo (logon on with demo demo).

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jean-Jacques Jesua,

I am not able to open the link due to change in site.Any idea how to acess the old files.

Not applicable
Author

Right we loose a lot from the old site.

I re post it

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for re posting the attachment.

Not applicable
Author

Hi JJ, i'm new to QV and confused about that how to find the latitude and longitude of each city??

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!

I found a site where you more or less could download lat & long for all city in the world (one file for each country). I made a “performance” test and in this application I have 120 000 POI.

I will check if I could find the url when I came home.

POI.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefanie,

Maybe AnToSe will send the url !

Maybe you could use this example I created in an old post.

The idea is to geocode your cities using Google Maps Geocode

Have a look at the script and ask me if you want to point out some tricks.

Good luck

JJ

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Here came the link that I promised. For my part, it was mostly a test to see when it starts to go slow. With a lot of data I think it is necessary with a better interface. Therefore I think extension’s is a better solution.
Not applicable
Author

Hi J.J.,

Thank you for this, interesting stuff.

I am trying to get a better understanding on how you can extract data from the google maps API to replicate

what you did in your example, yet instead of going through city names and fetching longLat for those i'd

like to do that based on post codes. Will that work?

where can i learn more about the data fields you are extracting and the required syntax for such queries?

Thanks in advance!!!

Not applicable
Author

Yes of course it works

Try this request for France (fr)

http://maps.google.com/maps/geo?q=13200+fr&output=csv

so replace the postcode you want and your country

If you have a sample with some address, I could build something for you

Regards

JJ