Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsadoddin
Contributor
Contributor

Using Qlikview on Mac Book

I want to teach Qlikview to my students in a class and I don't have access to Windows computer. What is the easiest way of accessing QlikView on Mac? Is there a cloud service I can get it packaged for a limited time?

I prefer not going through hassle of virtual machine installations on my machine.

Thanks,

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You are right, QlikView does not run on a Mac, so as I see it you do need to offer a virtual machine containing windows and QlikView or rdp access to a windows server with an available QlikView Desktop.

If you could consider Qlik Sense over QlikView there is a couple of other alternatives. 

• You could apply for the Qlik Academic Program
  • Set up a QlikView Server on a windows server where the students gain access/license
  • Use Qlik Cloud, it is platform independent and accessible from both mac, PC, linux etc
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Reza, Vegar's suggestions are about the best of which I can think, I think the academic program may be the best avenue to pursue potentially, but if you need something quickly, then maybe the Cloud option, just note things are changing in that area, so be sure you get on the latest option there and again, check with academic program, as they may have something to help you out there as well.  If this is what you needed to know, be sure to use the Accept as Solution on Vegar's post to give him credit.  You can leave a post over on the Academic Program site he listed to request more info etc.  Hopefully we can get something that will work for you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.