Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using expression label on chart axis when no Dimension

I have a bar chart with no dimension (as shown below).  I would like to be able to use the expression labels on the axis of my bar chart instead of showing them in the legend.  Can I?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus.  That worked but the label and the value both sat to the right of the bar.

I managed to resolve this without the dual expression.  I found that when I switched off the legend the expression label automatically acted as a dimension label as shown below -

View solution in original post

11 Replies
marcus_sommer

You could use a dual-expression like:

dual('YourExpressionLabel - ' & num(YourExpression, '##,0%'), YourExpression)

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus.  I replaced my expression with the dual-expression but nothing happened.

marcus_sommer

Go to the number tab and change the setting to expression-standard.

- Marcus

sunny_talwar

I think you will need to use a synthetic dimension or island table as dimension and single expression to achieve this. With only expressions, you won't be able to achieve what you are looking for

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

see attached

hope this helps!

sunny_talwar

I guess I was wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Marcus.  That worked but the label and the value both sat to the right of the bar.

I managed to resolve this without the dual expression.  I found that when I switched off the legend the expression label automatically acted as a dimension label as shown below -

sunny_talwar

Frank -

Do you mind sharing the settings that allowed you to do this or is this the default?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Frank