Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Value List Function Issue in Straight Table

I am using value list function  as a dimension along with year as a second dimension.  BUt I get $0 and , its giving me current year also, even though my expression does not include max year.

If I remove the Year dimension the chart works.

Can you please help with this

24 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Its a business requirement, they wanted each tab to work independently. I have abt 24 sheets in this dashboard.  Sample included only one sheet

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Rehan Saeed wrote:

But why the sheet object is not inherited since we already assigned the alternate state at the sheet level

As I said, the chart should be in a different state than the expressions. Since your expressions should consider the selections made in all the list boxes in your sheet, I found it more easy to set the chart to a different, new state and use the same set identifier as in the sheet for the expressions.

There might be other possible solutions, just play around.

If it's not working for your original app, have you checked that the variable vYears is working?

If you can't make it work at all, I suggest you create a support ticket with Qlik.

Not applicable
Author

HOw do I check if my vYears is working cuz I listed it in a text object and no result

swuehl
MVP
MVP

It should return some years, like shown in my sample.

Have you created the variable the same way as in the sample QVW?

Not applicable
Author

YEs I did