Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phil-ebm
Creator
Creator

Value of Set Analysis when no data available

Hi @All

During the development of QV-Application I was confused about the SetAnalysis.

Is it possible when the Value in Set Analysis not available in the Datamodel Qlikview ignors this part of the SetAnalysis?

I have a SetAnalysis for the actual Year and the previous Year in a Variable.

vActYear = max(Jahr) = 2017

vPrevYear = vActYear - 1 = 2016 <- 2016 is not available in the datamodel because the data just start in financelYear 2017 and we need time to add the previous years

vSetAnalysisActYear: Geschäftsjahr={$(vActYear)},Monat=,[Geschäftsjahr Bez]=,Jahr=

vSetAnalysisPrevYear: Geschäftsjahr={$(vPrevYear)},Monat=,[Geschäftsjahr Bez]=,Jahr=

and use them in this expressions:

HU Count Actual Year

Count({<$(=vSetAnalysisWareExtern),$(=vSetAnalysisActYear)>}distinct [Extern HU])

HU Count Prev Year

Count({<$(=vSetAnalysisWareExtern),$(=SetAnalysisPrevYear)>}distinct [Extern HU])

The first expression for actual year works fine.

For the second one qlikview shows me the Number of all HUs and not 0 how i excpeted depending on the year.

Can someone help me where i have the error?

The first SetAnalysis-Variable "vSetAnalysisWareExtern" hast no influnece on this topic. I tried it with and without this variable and have the same result.

Regards

Philipp

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

is this typo? missed character 'v'..

Count({<$(=vSetAnalysisWareExtern),$(=vSetAnalysisPrevYear)>}distinct [Extern HU])

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

In a text box object when you add this -> $(vPrevYear), do you see 2016?

phil-ebm
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes. In a textbox I see the correct Year.

sunny_talwar

Not sure I will be able to tell much without look at a sample. Would you be able to provide one?

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

is this typo? missed character 'v'..

Count({<$(=vSetAnalysisWareExtern),$(=vSetAnalysisPrevYear)>}distinct [Extern HU])

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Did you tried this

Count({<$(=vSetAnalysisWareExtern),Geschäftsjahr={$(vPrevYear)},Monat=,[Geschäftsjahr Bez]=,Jahr=>}distinct [Extern HU])

Count({<Geschäftsjahr={$(vPrevYear)},Monat=,[Geschäftsjahr Bez]=,Jahr=>}distinct [Extern HU])

Is this working?

Regards,

Jagan.

phil-ebm
Creator
Creator
Author

Oh i'm ashemd

My colleges and I searched the hole day yesterday and didn't see this small doubt

No everything works fine.

Thanks for your help