Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Values in Gauge Chart

Hi there,

Is there a way for me to display values on a gauge chart? Not only as "Text in chart", but to move along side the needle of the gauge chart if the value changes?

Can anyone assist me?

Regards,

Qanitah

16 Replies
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

I would be happy to be proven wrong, but this is (as far as I know) not possible.

May you live in interesting times!
Not applicable
Author

Would've been great. I'll still look into it and see if I can find some other way.

Thank You.

Not applicable
Author

can you explain in more details please.

what i get it from your question is ( you need display the value like i need the margin of my profit in this year or the current selection that appear in your Gauge )?! right or not .

if it like this it is possible.

Ahmad Kastero 

Not applicable
Author

Correct. My issue is a however based on the appearance of the gauge. I would like the value being displayed to follow the needle when it moves. So, if another value is selected, the needle will move and the value must move with it.

Qanitah

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

What you can do instead, and this looks quite nice actually, is to add text in chart and move the number inside the chart

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

It does look quite nice. My colleague showed that way to me as well.

Thank You.

Agis-Kalogiannis
Employee
Employee

Glad I could help 🙂

Could you please mark the answer as Helpful or Correct so as to close the discussion?

Thanks.

Agis

Not applicable
Author

so , you can do it like this , go the Gauge chart and right click on it then properties and after that go to presentation Tab you will find (Text in chart ) pres add and you can put any Expression you need it will appear like

( =Sum[Total Amount]) .

try it and it will be work .

Best Regards .

Ahmad Kastero

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Hi question was "not as Text In Chart" .

Anyway,

If you want to have the text follow the needle, you probably have to make a custom object.

You could ask yourself if that amount of work is worth the trouble.

May you live in interesting times!