Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Values on pie chart, not showing

Hi all,

See my attached sample .qvw

I have a simple pie-chart, which doesn't seem to be showing all values on the slices, even though there is space.

Does anyone know how I can make it show?

Many thanks!

3 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Your pie was (somehow) taking up too much room in the chart - that was why the top slice was losing the percentage value.  Select the chart, then press Ctrl+Shift on the keyboard to get the red border lines around different parts of a chart object.  You can then shrink or move them around.

As to why the 0.1% isn't showing the dimension value when you hover over it, I'm not sure.  However, checking the Show Legend checkboxes seems to have sorted it...

Hope this helps,

Jason

Not applicable
Author

Hi beanz,

your pie chart is  showing all values of the services actually values comes out

to be 0.0% so relative to totalat that is 100  it does not stand a value so how can you expect

a share of dimension in pie chart but still all dimension are shown they are overwritten on each

other only those having grateater values like 1 %, ,12% etc are shown

i have created a clone of your pie chart and converted it into straight table there are sevral dimension

coming out to value 0.0%.

also i have unabled Leged now it shows all dimsion even those dimesion having 0.0 % also.

so what my suggestion is if you do not want to show your dimsions that are having values 0.0 %

the go to dimension limits tab and do following :

1. check Restrict values check box.

2. select radio button show only values that are  Greater Than drop down and  1% if  relative to total.

it depends on you whether you want to keep or neglect 0.0 values

please find attachement.

Thanks & Regards,

Anant Dubey

Not applicable
Author

You can show the values in chart by setting the Chart Properties-->Expressions

Check the Box for Value on Data Points.

Never show the values in the Chart Slice since when the Slice is thin the value wont fit in.

Hope this solves your problem

Jameel