Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Variable Event Trigger is not working in Cyclic Group

Hi,

I Have 2 Cyclic Groups in my app and they are using in 2 different charts in a sheet, my requirement is when i change first Cyclic group selection then according to that 2nd Cyclic group field selection need to be changed dynamically.

For that created 2 variables Var1=GetCurrentField(CyclicGroup1),Var2 =GetCurrentField(CyclicGroup2)

and then created Variable Event Trigger on change of Var1 add action switch selection in  (Var2 ).

But it's not working as expected.

Appreciate some experties help here.

Thanks,

shekar.

7 Replies
tcullinane
Creator II
Creator II

how are the groups related? could you use an if statement in the Var2 definition to change it rather than a trigger

ie load the group1 names in inline load in script

use a listbox to make the selection

and group2 name changes based on thatselection

Not applicable
Author

The cyclic group is duplicated or are different?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ramiro,

The cyclic group fields and hierarchy are same ,but applying  some conditions for the feilds.

hope you understood.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

Both Cyclic Groups are using the same fileds,but 2nd cyclic group conatins some conditional expressions to restrcit top X Values in Pivot table.

Not applicable
Author

Any Suggestions ?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shekar,

Can't you try with the same Cyclic group for both the charts and expression conditions at chart level separately??

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kruthi,

I tried that option already,but in  the 2nd chart which  using  2nd cyclic group to restrict topX values in pivot table.

so in expression unable to restrict,so added it in 2nd cyclic group.