Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Variable in Qlikview- global, local?

Variables can be defined in Qlikview. I just want to know whether there is a way to define variable as global, local (sheet level and object level). Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

I think its not possible .. Variable is used in global level.. Its possible to no effect in the variable in your case like count({1}ID) but for particular sheet means, its not possible from my knowledge

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

You can use the variable as whole file i.e. in many sheet and object level

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. How to define or use the variable at object level or sheet level?

I copied a sheet in order to have two identical sheets with same objects in it. I defined a variable TotalCount = count(ID). The total count changes whenever the filter(s) in any sheet changes. I would like to have the TotalCount changes only when the filters in the same sheet change. Thanks

MayilVahanan

Hi

I think its not possible .. Variable is used in global level.. Its possible to no effect in the variable in your case like count({1}ID) but for particular sheet means, its not possible from my knowledge

Not applicable
Author

This is ok, but I think it should a good future to have!

MayilVahanan

HI

You can post your idea to qlikview community. if you like means..Hope that can help others too.