Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Variable in Qlikview- global, local?

Variables can be defined in Qlikview. I just want to know whether there is a way to define variable as global, local (sheet level and object level). Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

I think its not possible .. Variable is used in global level.. Its possible to no effect in the variable in your case like count({1}ID) but for particular sheet means, its not possible from my knowledge

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi

You can use the variable as whole file i.e. in many sheet and object level

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks. How to define or use the variable at object level or sheet level?

I copied a sheet in order to have two identical sheets with same objects in it. I defined a variable TotalCount = count(ID). The total count changes whenever the filter(s) in any sheet changes. I would like to have the TotalCount changes only when the filters in the same sheet change. Thanks

MayilVahanan

Hi

I think its not possible .. Variable is used in global level.. Its possible to no effect in the variable in your case like count({1}ID) but for particular sheet means, its not possible from my knowledge

Not applicable
Author

This is ok, but I think it should a good future to have!

MayilVahanan

HI

You can post your idea to qlikview community. if you like means..Hope that can help others too.