Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonoogle
Contributor III
Contributor III

Variables saved with bookmark not applied when using "Reduce"

I have a document with three bookmarks. Associated with these bookmarks is a variable "x".

For each of these bookmarks, the variable has a different value, let's say "a", "b", "c".

I verified in that these are actually being saved in the bookmarks but exporting the bookmarks as XML and checking the XML. The bookmark variables were properly included.

I publish the document where the "Reduction Method" is left to default (Reduce By Field) and "Loop and Reduce" is set to "By Bookmark". My three documents are published and the data is appropriately reduced and represented. But the variable "x" has the last value I set it to before publishing and is not replaced by the value from the bookmark. If I explicitly change the bookmark the variable will be applied. Instead data and layout are applied. I've included a simple test case without data. It has three text boxes that are shown conditionally based on the variable "x"

What I did notice is that if I view these documents via the access point, it will remember that last variable setting which seems to override the setting in the document. 

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

What I did notice is that if I view these documents via the access point, it will remember that last variable setting which seems to override the setting in the document.

Sounds like the setting Allow Session Recovery is enabled. You can disable that in the QMC, but only globally, not per document.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jonoogle
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Well actually, I tried with the Allow Session Recovery disabled and it didn't change it and this is a side issue.

The real problem is that the qvw's generated do NOT have the variable ("x") set. If you try to publish and distribute my sample file with Loop & Reduce set to "By Bookmark", I would expect the variable "x" to be set to "a", "b" or "c" in the appropriate file, and instead it is not set at all.