Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anthony_kinsell
Creator
Creator

Variables to change when value selected from a list

Hi,

I have various sets of budget & forecast data that I want to compare & had set up variables to only show the selected budget or forecast data as required. My issue is that my forecast data variable is working but my budget one isn't & I can't seem to figure out why - any suggestions?

I have included some screen shots of the report & the properties of both variables to help explain my issue:

Variable Overview.PNGDocument Properties.PNGvBudgetPeriodSelect.PNGvForecastPeriodSelect.PNG

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Anthony, probably going to need an actual QVW on this one, as I am doubtful anyone is going to figure anything out on this with just screenshots...  You can wait a bit, but I would advise you to attach QVW if you can.  If you have sensitive data, you can scramble that via the Desktop Client and the Settings\Document Properties\Scrambling tab, you can find the fields you want to scramble and scramble that data...  I would have to imagine there is some sort of timing issue or maybe something in the data model that is causing things otherwise, but again, very difficult to say with just the screenshots.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.