Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Various options missing/greyed out...

I'm very new to Qlikview and have been given the task of editing a sheet constructed by someone else.

First thing I want to do is to take a back-up in case I mess up, but there's no 'save as' option and even save is greyed out.

After that, I want to get a look at the script, but this option isn't there in the file menu.

I'm probably missing something really obvious... can anyone help?  (I've thought about licensing, but went through the whole 'open from server' procedure, so I assume license was obtained.)  Cheers.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello, John.

It seems you are using "Open in Server" from the File menu. "Open in Server" works only for viewing the app, like you were opening it with the IE plugin or the Ajax client. You can't edit an app with "Open in Server".

You'll need to open the app with "Open" from the File menu. You can copy the app to you machine, open it from a network share or run QlikView desktop on the server (using RDC or accessing it directly).

Cheers.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Well if you're looking for the load script, try ctrl+e

Its odd you can't save, can you duplicate the file in whatever directory you opened it from?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

try in menu --> settings document properties --> security

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello, John.

It seems you are using "Open in Server" from the File menu. "Open in Server" works only for viewing the app, like you were opening it with the IE plugin or the Ajax client. You can't edit an app with "Open in Server".

You'll need to open the app with "Open" from the File menu. You can copy the app to you machine, open it from a network share or run QlikView desktop on the server (using RDC or accessing it directly).

Cheers.

Not applicable
Author

This all looks like good information and I will return to it after I start another thread about another problem.

Not applicable
Author

Working!  Just got to get my head round what the scripts are doing now.