Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Vbs

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a ppt file from qlikdashboard usind vb script in the action tab. In qlik desktop version .

When ever i click the macro button my qlikfile is going into not responding mode.

I tried  a simple create object function to open ppt.

I have given the mode as system access and still not able to execute the script.

Can someone please help me in fixing this issue.

Thanks in advance

7 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Please post your vbscript, or even better, a sample qvw.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Hope the below link will help:

https://community.qlik.com/thread/200429

Not applicable
Author

Sub ExportPPT 

Set objPPT = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application") 

objPPT.Visible = True

End sub

This is a simple script which is used to open an empty ppt file.  When i run this my qlikfile is not responding.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Your code does work on my side. It opens a blank power point...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tirumala,

Thats the problem i am facing.  This code is working for many people.  If i run this my application is hanging. I want to know if i have to do some pre requirements check before running this.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

A standard method of finding the error is to place msgboxes between the lines of code, something like this:

Sub ExportPPT

msgbox "1"

Set objPPT = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application")

msgbox "2"

objPPT.Visible = True

msgbox "3"

End sub

When you run the macro, if you see msgbox "1" and not msgbox "2", you know the problem is with the CreateObject line.

If you see msgbox "2" and not msgbox "3", you know the problem is with the .Visible line.

Since this code is not Qlikview specific, you can create a .vbs file and run it outside of QlikView. I presume it will fail in the same manner. If the problem is not in QlikView, then you start looking at your installation of Microsoft Office.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

I don't think there is any pre requirement.. Can you try the below link and let us know:

https://community.qlik.com/thread/200429