cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Very Starnge regarding un structured data

Hi all i  have the db query

SELECT  CATGR,sum(population) FROM mytable
   where upper(RTRIM(CATGR)) = UPPER('Missing Doc') and  ctry_name='us' and date ='01-JAN-16' group by CATGR

output in sql db is    Missing Doc  =     152

when i'm loading data into qlikview the  sum(CATGR) as 152 (may be because of un structured data)

when i'm running the below query

SELECT  CATGR,sum(population) FROM mytable
   where CATGR='Missing Doc' and    ctry_name='us' and date ='01-JAN-16' group by CATGR
      output is  Missing Doc  =     83

i want my sum(CATGR)  as 83

any idea on how to load unstructured data into qlikview

please help me out

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear to me what you are trying to do and what your issue is. But upper(RTRIM(CATGR)) = UPPER('Missing Doc') isn't the same like CATGR='Missing Doc' and might be therefore return other/more records which are then be aggregated. Maybe it's easier for testings to load the data without those condition and then to examine them within a tablebox and afterwards you could adjust your condition to get the really wanted records.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear to me what you are trying to do and what your issue is. But upper(RTRIM(CATGR)) = UPPER('Missing Doc') isn't the same like CATGR='Missing Doc' and might be therefore return other/more records which are then be aggregated. Maybe it's easier for testings to load the data without those condition and then to examine them within a tablebox and afterwards you could adjust your condition to get the really wanted records.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus, Thank you for the response actually my problem is i want to load the spaces in DB into qlikview as it is.

I got the solution for that

Thanks for the quick response anyway i got some knowledge by your comments