Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III

Visualization not arranged while sharing QVW file

Hi Folks,

I'm creating a qvw file with feilds, tables, graphs etc. When I share it to others, they can see the visualizations as it is in the first go, but when the add more objects/change position of certain objects, it is difficult for them to reset to original view that I had created.

Is there a way where the shared dashboard view can be reset to original? or any settings that I can make in the qvw file before sharing it.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try creating a bookmark - while the dashboard is in the original state. Next add a button that invokes the bookmark so that the users can get back to where they started. I'm not sure whether this is the right solution you're looking at but let me know if this works for you.

Rgds,

Benazir

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could also use document properties (Ctrl+Alt+D) and set the document opening triggers - this way your document will have certain selections applied every time it is opened.

Another best practice would be to have a separate sheet called User Playground - this will allow users to create visualizations on a separate sheet rather than modifying the main document itself.

sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Capture.PNG

I had selected this, and invoked this on button click. But did not work. Could you please explain more on this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

What sort of changes do your users make? If they are modifying the structure of the visualizations in your document - then a bookmark cannot revert that change - "add more objects/change position of certain objects" cannot be reverted.

The only thing I can think of is that you can restrict the user from saving/overwriting what you share. Check this thread for tips on how to accomplish that:

Security Tab setup help required. Please see below questions.

Please refer to my other comment - User Playground is a good workaround.

Benazir

sujit_nath
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That's pretty good. But in document properties, I'll have to select action for each element. Won't that be complex? Doesn't Qlik provide any easier solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

None that I know of. Maybe one of the experts could help you out

I guess I will watch this thread since I am using the document properties to this effect. (For every element that needs to have an initial value selected and to maintain a document opening state.)