Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

WHAT IF with Input Field

Hello Guys i have a little question, i´ve seen that a lot of people uses WHAT IF analysis setting variables, what i havent seen people using what if with input fields. Why ?

thank you all

cheers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, you can use and create what if use a slider or input field, the differences is that using slider you controle the value that will set the user, but if you create an imput field you never control this value, the user can insert any value and data(posible could be a text)

both of them are equal and have the same objective, but using slider you have more control in what the user set

good luck

Fernando

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jeremias For example A+B=C and C you have taken input from the user, so the value of A and B will be changed accordingly. 1. If user enters value of C = 30 and A value is fix to 10 so 20 will be assigned to B 2. if user enters value of C = 25 and A value is fix to 10 so 15 will be assigned to B Hope this helps MV

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, you can use and create what if use a slider or input field, the differences is that using slider you controle the value that will set the user, but if you create an imput field you never control this value, the user can insert any value and data(posible could be a text)

both of them are equal and have the same objective, but using slider you have more control in what the user set

good luck

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

Ok Fernando, thank you.

I see that you are answering all my questions about Input Fields, Ok, i made this question because i haven´t seen examples or demos of WHAT IF with input fields, do you have any? But i understaund the point, is the same.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Jeremias, see this hope helps

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, this is very useful!!

Now i'm creating a little example of what if with a load inline table, but i´m getting in trouble. Im think i'll create another question haha.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Jeremias no problem, put another question and i respond without problem

Not applicable
Author

Thanks! I Made an what if with a variable, and i made a what if with input field.

What i did is this.

Replace the var with a field in the expressions, and put an input field to change the value of the field.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Perfect, Jeremias, and it works

the problem is if the user put text? or a big number ? how do you controle

Not applicable
Author

I guess that there is no solucion for that. Am i right ?