Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Warning: The QlikView Engine isn't responding to close command

Dear all

for some time now we are getting a warning on a Task load in QMS (below the extract of the message). The Problem is that although everything Looks OK, the follow up Task are not run (they have as Trigger a successful end of this Task). we also do not receive notification mails like this is the case when there is an error in teh load.

we are running QlikView 11.20 SR13. Any idea what might be causingthis and if we can set it up at least in a way so that follow up Task sare run and notification is sent also for warnings.

Thanks

Information: Deleting temporary files.

(2017-02-04 06:16:44) Information: Closing the document.

(2017-02-04 06:17:05) Error: Could not close the SourceDocument. Exception=The currently executing operation was aborted.

(2017-02-04 06:17:05) Warning: The QlikView Engine isn't responding to close command, it will be killed (Please ignore logged errors about the kill).

(2017-02-04 06:17:05) Information: Killing the QlikView Engine. ProcessID=8064

(2017-02-04 06:17:06) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=8064

(2017-02-04 06:17:06) Information: Document distribution done.

(2017-02-04 06:17:10) Information: Task Execute Duration=00:39:48.6284020

(2017-02-04 06:17:10) Information: The task "Marketing and Sales.qvw (Security)" finished successfully

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The details are pretty sparse to do a decent analysis. We can only make a few guesses, but then the discussion may bounce back and forth a couple of times and may last longer than expected.

Answers to these questions provide useful information:

• A very basic question: "for some time now..." so it started at some point in time. Do you know  exactly when it all started? Do you know what changed in the QlikView Server setup at that particular moment?
  • Your reload engine takes more than 20 seconds to close. Is "Marketing and Sales.qvw" a large document? What size?
  • Can you provide the log lines before the part you posted? The entire Tasklog.txt would be best.
  • Is your QlikView Server very busy when these errors occur? Did you measure the load on your system?

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter

Thanks for answering. yes the QVW is big - around 5 Gb.

At exactly this pount of time there was no other qvw loading. Usually there are some Processes running and I also suppose that it can be related to System load.

I will try to reorganize the load Jobs, but still my main questions are:

1. why the next Jobs do not run after this one ending with warning. It still  says:The task "Marketing and Sales.qvw (Security)" finished successfully"

2. Is there a possiiluty to receive mails also on warning Events, and not only on Errors?

3. Is there a Setting to set this 20 sec. to higher value? You are right - it takes more than 20 sec to Close the loaded file.

Greetings

Ivan

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

1. An error is an error, whether it is followed by 100 warnings or not. The QDS always tries to close a task in a decent way (producing additional warnings), but the attempted reload may have failed midway. I don't know why the TaskLog says that the Task finished successfully. It clearly didn't.
  2. No. AFAIK only errors leadig to task failure will cause the system to send an email. I think it's better like that, because a loaded system may produce quite a lot of warnings...
  3. I don't really know. I'll have a look in the configuration files. Otherwise we may have to involve Qlik, as the developers/support technicians know everything about hidden features and settings that may be of use for your situation.

Best,

Peter