Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ways to make a selection with several variables

Hello!

My issue is to create user specific selection for several expressions in a straight table .

I have realized it with input boxes for each of ten appropriate expressions with two variables for minimal and maximum values. These values are used in button's action code for select ID that satisfy conditions like an expression 1 more than a variable for minimal value and less than a variable for maximum value. These expressions use several fields and set analysis. More over this app has a section access, so I double code with if statement in order to make right selections for all users. In the end this code takes about 100 lines and is difficult to understand.

Now I think how to optimize this solution. As I know it is not possible to link expressions in straight table from other objects. So it is not possible to avoid complex expression in the code. The next point is to create two straight table and two buttons for different users according to the section access.

Qlik masters, Do you have any ideas how to improve the described above solution? Do you have ideas for any other solutions for user specific selection with ten expressions.

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear for what do you are doing but to simplify things is always useful especially by such large expressions. I could imagine that you could reduce the number of expressions and also the complexity of them with (nested) variables and/or parametrized variables: Variables.

- Marcus