Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrainford
Contributor III
Contributor III

Web interfacing with Qlikview and Parameter passing

Hello, I have a requirement to create a link within a web application used to pass a given program_id so that a Qlikview app will render. The Qlikview app will be used as readonly for the user to view detail information about a given program. I've used a link to direct the user to AccessPoint from the web app. At the end of the link I entered the list box object and hardcoded a programid to simulate a variable I will be passing (&Select=LB109,15291).

My dilemma is the following. I want to created an SA account for which I will be passing from the web page to authenticate in Access Point. This service account will be used for a specific view of the app. Whereby, a section access entry will only limit the SA account to SHEET3 - All other users who access Qlikview directly see only SHEET1 and 2.

For Example.

FULL_NAME   NTNAME   ACCESS   TITLE   GROUP   SHEET1   SHEET2   SHEET3

INTERFACE    AM\INTF   USER         INT       GBSC      0               0               1

USER1            AM\USR1  USER         USER  GBSC       1               1               0

USER2            AM\USR1  USER         USER  GBSC       1               1               0

Is this viable? Will there be license conflict if multiple sessions are using interface SA account?

3 Replies
avinashelite

I don't think their will be an issue because your SA account or user accounts are considered as sessions on the document ...Don't know what type of licence or calls your using

mrainford
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This requirement has reared its head once again.

We have established an SA interface account used to access a particular tab in our Qlikview report.

Essentially we are passing the server, application name, list object and ID in this fashion. The ID will be passed to the ListObject to lookup a particular record.

http://Server/ApplicationName;ListObject,ID

Where do we incorporate the SA account?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In the standard enterprise (non-internet) licensing model, a userid may only be used from a single machine at a time. So sharing the SA between multiple physical users will not work.

-Rob