Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drwestpac
Contributor
Contributor

WebView: Cant set Extension properties. Please Help!

Please help, I cannot set properties for extension objects in WebView.

Setup        = Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1), Internet Explorer 10  (10.0.9200.16686)
QlikView   =  QVPE 11.20.111922.0 SR2 64-Bit
Extension = Qlik Map (this one [http://market.qlik.com/qlikview-qlik-map.html])

Summary of problem:

1. I open QVPE and create a new document
  2. I load a data file that has 5x columns (Postcode, PostcodeLine, Line, Population, Lat/Long boundary of that postcode) which I have respectfully called Postcode, PostcodeLine, Line, Population & Coordinates
  3. I switch to webview
  4. I create a “Qlik Map” extension object (New Sheet Object -> Extensions -> Qlik Map)
  5. I right click on this object and select “Properties…”
  6. The properties dialog comes up (see attached image)
  7. When I then try to sent any of “Region Dimensions”, “Coordinates”, Measurement, Popup Contents I can’t e.g. I click on the drop lists icon on “Region Dimensions” and expect to see Postcode, Population & Coordinates as options however as per the screen shot the drop arrow is grey hence nothing shows/no drop down shows when I click on it, when instead I try to manually type “Postcode” into the “Region Dimensions” input the text I type does not appear in the input control (it behave like this input control is disabled?, though I can put the cursor there and see it blink)
    - weirdly though I can set properties in the Presentation, Caption and Option tabs for this extension object?!

Steps I tried to investigate/fix:

1. Searched forums here and in doing so:
    > Tried running QVPE “Run as administrator” option = same problem
    > Went to Settings -> Sheet Properties -> Security then confirmed “Access Sheet Properties” was checked (it was)
    > Went to Settings -> Document Properties -> Security then confirmed “Access Sheet Properties” was checked (it was)
    > Uninstalled SR2 and installed SR3 = same problem
    > Carried out the above settings checks in SR3 + Ran it as Administrator = same result
    > Added http://qlikview/ as a trusted site in IE = same result
    > Added http://www.qlik.com/ as a trusted site in IE = same result
    > Rebooted PC = same result
  2. Googled / Bing’ed but got nothing more than the above
  3. Thought “Bug.r Qlik Map I’ll try the SVG Extension instead!” Nope. On its “SVG Map” properties tab I cant there set “Regions ID”, “Measure” etc
  4. Cracked open a beer and started typing this with toes and fingers now firmly crossed !

Interestingly (frustratingly) in webview I can set properties for vanilla objects ok (eg. Lists) though experience the same “cant set properties for out of the box extensions e.g. Geographic Heat Map that came with SR2.

In summary then all/any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2 Replies
drwestpac
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Fixed !!!!!!!!!!

... as in I can now set properties as follows:

1. I deleted the QlikMap object
2. I went File -> Reduce Data -> Remove All Vaues
3. I saved my QVW

4. I re-added the object

5. I saved the QVW

6. I roladed my data.

7. "Ta-Da !!" ... I can now set properties on the map object

8. This tip now added to my "Old Tricks for New Players" toolbox, encourage others to do the same !

Nitin
Contributor
Contributor

This helped even after 6 years down the line 🙂 I am new to extension objects and faced same issue. This blog helped to quickly fix it.