Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Webview, add link explanation plz

Hi

I can easily fix this, but I would like to clearly undestand why and the risk.

Working on a server, why do I need to add this link when I enable Webview:

Why and what is the risk?

I thought it had something to do with the qlikview extensions, but I removed them. 

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

if you are only getting this on the server it is because most servers have very tight security regarding what can go in/out.  The error usually will on appear in web mode because that is when it is really trying to act like a web page and access the link that is displayed in the error message.  There really is no risk - my guess is you would get a similar error from the server if you were on it and tried to go to the website using google for example

marcus_sommer

The webview-mode used the IE to emulate a browser-like view and therefore you get those security message about the enhanced security configuration which blocked nearly everything ...

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I do understand that it needs IE to simulate a webpage, but I would expect that it could do that fine without opening QlikViews website?

I sometimes use an extension that refer to a webpage, but that makes sense because it needs some updated information from there. 

marcus_sommer

The enhanced security is a MS feature I think aimed for machines (especially server) which have no really purpose and therefore no and/or very restricted permission to use the internet. But for various things needs the OS the IE (updates and probably some more) and it ensured that those functionalities work and other potentially dangerous things will be blocked.

- Marcus