Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What Services Needed on Server and Publisher?

What are the services that need to be installed on Server and Publisher? We are using two servers seperately - one for server and one for publisher.

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The general principle is to install QVS and QDS each on a different server. With the other services you can do as you like, but this seems to be like the optimal configuration:

Server 1: QVS + QVWS + DSC

Server 2: QDS + QMS

You can install a subset of the different services by selecting Custom Install and choosing the right Profile.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the clarification. The services which should be reflected in two servers as below:

services.JPG

and in the custom profile whether I need to select and deselect the options

qlikview server.JPG

Can you please suggest what are all the options needs to be selected and deselected from the Custom setup.

Thanks,

Vinupriya

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do not install the DSC on both platforms if you do not have a cluster license.

Do not press Config to select the individual installation items. Use the Profile page to install profiles "QlikView Server" and "Webserver" on one machine, and profiles "Reload/Distribute Engine" and "Management Console" on the other machine.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

I have installed using the Profile page only to install profiles "QlikView Server" and "Webserver" on one machine, and profiles "Reload/Distribute Engine" and "Management Console" on the other machine.

But I can see all the 6 services in Server 1 - I have selected only Qlikview server and Webserver. So I'm confused and wanted to confirm.

Thanks,

Vinupriya

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

HirisH_V7
Master
Master