Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

What am I doing wrong here

I have attached an app where I have tried to create a bubble chart similar to what hic‌ has beautifully illustrated here Creating a Scatter Chart‌ but I have failed so far.

below are the requirements

X-axis - Time (I have aggregated time stamps)

Y-axis - Count(TRANSACTION_DATE)

size of bubble - to be determined by sum(Revenue)

and I want to see all these by Regions.

Issue: I tried to put Count(TRANSACTION_DATE) in the Y axis, but just could not. Y axis is always taken by Region.

Count of Transaction_date is the frequency of transaction and I want to measure that in the Y axis. how to make that possible.

2 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You have chosen "Grid chart" instead of Scatter chart.

HIC

Scatter.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Henric. I am making improvements.

After changing the chart type to grid chart, i checked advanced mode box and it allowed me to include 3 expressions:

1) this is my x axis where i want to see time (time stamp aggregated to day- level). but it is not understanding my expression (which is correct) that aggregates. its not letting simple transaction_date in the x-axis either. its counting transaction_date which is supposed to happen only in the 2nd expression

2) count(transaction_date): i intend to treat this expn. as Y-axis which is working well

3) sum(revenue): this is supposed to determine the bubble size, which is as expected.

one last issue: the bubbles are connected with a straight line as well. how to get rid of that.