Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sainikhil_pervacio
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

What can be the reason for "Action cancelled by user" Error.?

Hi guys,

Can anyone explain why this error is being occurred, loaded data is as follows:

ABC:

Load a as AA,b as BB resident Table1;
inner join
Load a as AA resident Table2;

Store ABC INTO ABC.qvd;

Do anyone have a solution to find the RC.

Labels (1)
  • error

4 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

I not sure what exactly you want to achieve but I think the below code should guide you in the right direction:

ABC:
Load * Inline [
a,b
AA,BB
]
;
Load * Inline [
a
AA
]
;
Store ABC INTO C:\temp\ABC.qvd;

sainikhil_pervacio
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Trdandamudi, 

Thanks for the quick reply but the fields 'a' is already loaded in a table above to the code, i again need to rename that field and i need to join with other column which that columns is also pre loaded in a different table above to the code.

Thanks,

Nikhil.

Shify
Contributor II
Contributor II

Remove all temporary tables using a cleanup script. There could be temporary tables created by Qlik in memory which are not getting dropped correctly.  You can create a simple subroutine to find all tables and drop ,except for the main tables you want. Call the clean up subroutine towards the end of your script .

john_oll
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I encountered the "Error: Action canceled by user" today in a Qlikview reload.
The reason for the error was: It aborted due to a full outer join generating close to 2 billion lines (where an interval match would have made more sense).
So maybe "not enough RAM due to bad code written by developer" would be the correct translation of

"Action canceled by user"

😉