Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rudywelvaert
Creator
Creator

What function to use to replace numbered key holders with series of values

Hi,

What function can I use to replace numbered key holders with a series of values.

Example.

UnknownFunction('Number of calls since  the {1}th quarter of {2}', 4, 2018)

results in the string: 'Number of calls since  the 4th quarter of 2018'

Thanks

R.W.

Labels (2)
11 Replies
rudywelvaert
Creator
Creator
Author

Marcus,

The fact that it's needed in the UI is because the user must have the control of several options and these options define the expressions in the text boxes, titles, etc etc

These options concern dates, date periods (day, week, month, quarter, year),  language,  ...

There is no choice

I'll do it with nested replace functions, I'd hoped for a more transparent solution.

R.W.

marcus_sommer

Please read the above mentioned link again because I think it covered your task quite well. The users could select their wished language per variable or per fieldselections (both ways are possible) and titles, expressions and so on will be appropriate adjusted with the translation table which here worked as a kind of mapping.

If you want to implement multiple independent adjustments like the language translation you could just duplicate the logic to provide the possibility to choose the date- and number-formattings and other thing separately.

Of course UI solutions will be possible but AFAIK the suggested script-approach will be the easiest way to handle it especially if it needs to be applied to multiple applications and if the apps needs to be maintained.

- Marcus