Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is 80-20 formula and pareto rule in qlikview?? ...please help me on this

Hi,

Can anybody explain me the 80-20 rule and parreto rule...in simple method with example and how can we use it in charts...please let me know

thanks

5 Replies
sasikanth
Master
Master

Hi,

pleasego through the attachment

a simple pareto analysis and steps to develope

Thanks

Sasi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

This technique helps to identify the top portion of causes that need to be addressed to resolve the majority of problems. Once the predominant causes are identified, then tools like theIshikawa diagram or Fish-bone Analysis can be used to identify the root causes of the problems. While it is common to refer to pareto as "80/20" rule, under the assumption that, in all situations, 20% of causes determine 80% of problems, this ratio is merely a convenient rule of thumb and is not nor should it be considered immutable law of nature.

The application of the Pareto analysis in risk management allows management to focus on those risks that have the most impact on the project

you can use it in dimension limit in qlikview for example if you want to show the countries population which are 80% of the world population.Dimension Limits.PNG.png

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Please find below document written by Henric.

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2013/12/09/pareto-analysis

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sasi,

i cud not get any of the attachment here.pls let me know abt that.

Thanks,

Vasudha Mishra

sasikanth
Master
Master

sry

PFA