Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is Lock usage in qlikview

Hi Qlikers

I have a question

What is Lock usage in qlikview ?

I know this :  "When selecting an excluded field value, previous selections in conflict with the new choice are canceled. To prevent a previous selection from getting canceled this way, it is possible to lock all the selections in a list box by opening its Object menu and choosing  the Lock command."

and understand it But I did not find any usage of it in my dashboards

I want a Practical example of lock in dashboards

Can any one send me a Practical example

2 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Suppose you have users with a Status field that has Active and Inactive.  Most of the time you want to view only the active users. If you just select Active in the status field, every time you do a Clear, you see all users again. So you select Active and then Lock the field. Now you can make and clear selections without having to reselect the Status.

Of course, if you want to see the Inactive users, you have to Unlock the field. This requires some training for the end users.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks

I found another usage too

for example when  we have score for country that is aggregate from another layer like states

when select some states the score of country has been changed

but when we lock the chart of country score,it doesn't change and we can compare it with another chart of country score that is not lock and has response to our selection.