Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III

What is the difference use SetAnalysis with or without $ ?

hi , i am using very symple sum with SetAnalysis :  =  sum (    {$<flag_1={1}>}  usd     )

it looks to be fine , my question is : why when i remone the $ it gives me the same resault ?

I read that a dollar  $ sign  make the set depending on the selection , but it seems that it is not work so,

Can anyone give a more detailed explanation?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

$ sign signifies inherited state. If you chart is in inherited state, having a $ or not doesn't matter. But if you are in an alternate states then it is a different story. At that time having a $ would mean that although the chart is in alternate state, the expression is driven from inherited state. Whereas not having a $ would mean that chart and expression are both in alternate state.

Does that make sense?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

$ sign signifies inherited state. If you chart is in inherited state, having a $ or not doesn't matter. But if you are in an alternate states then it is a different story. At that time having a $ would mean that although the chart is in alternate state, the expression is driven from inherited state. Whereas not having a $ would mean that chart and expression are both in alternate state.

Does that make sense?

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

hi Sunny ,  inherited or alternate , is it something that i need to config ?  where  ?

sunny_talwar

Unless you create one, you always have inherited state. To create an alternate state, you can go to the Document settings:

Capture.PNG

You can read about alternate state here:

http://www.learnqlickview.com/alternate-states-in-qlikview/

Introduction to alternate states - The Qlik Fix! The Qlik Fix!

Qlikview-Alternate States Fundamental-Inheritted vs Default

sunny_talwar

You may find this document to be useful. This is a good comprehensive guide on set analysis

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes it Does make sense !  you Sheds light on a dark corner for me - thanks !!

yanivvl0
Creator III
Creator III
Author

yea - now i can understand the article better , thanks again .

sunny_talwar

Hahahaha I am glad my Sunny's sun ray's came up handy to shed some light