Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is the expression to sum figures?

Hi all,

I would like to know what is the formula to summarize figures.

I have a list of operations, each one have a budget,

ie :

OP1 8000

OP2 12000

OP3 9650 etc

Budgets are entered as "values" in the tables. So for example when I want to display them in a chart and use as an expression :

Sum([Budget]) it counts the number of times "8000" appears in my list (more than 400 operations with 400 associated budget).

What is the function to sum the values and have for example Total Budget of all operations?

Thanks a lot if you can help,

(By the way, is there somewhere we can find a list of all the QV expressions/functions etc with explanations?)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The QlikView Desktop Help is very good and lists & describes all QlikView functions.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

>> (By the way, is there somewhere we can find a list of all the QV expressions/functions etc with explanations?)

Please check your PDF manual

jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

you can find a list in the reference manual. The help includes also some overview pages.

Not applicable
Author

I don't have this reference manual and just have the personal edition at the moment because I'm training.

Can I find this manual online?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The QlikView Desktop Help is very good and lists & describes all QlikView functions.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Press F1 when in QlikView

Not applicable
Author

This sounds great Thanks !

Not applicable
Author

Found it, haha...

My path until being an expert is still long !

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You can download QlikView Documentation at qlik.com using this URL https://d1cf4w4kkla6tb.cloudfront.net/qlikview/11.20/12664/_MSI/QlikView_DocumentationAndTutorial_Co...