Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What is wrong in my if?

Hello,

I am trying to manage to get my IF to work .. The problem is, that it does not really sum my sum() values in table 😕

If I use text-box object and the sum() values without if, then it sum() the values correctly without any problem . But even if I put the IF to text-box, it returns 0.

I am using the code below, I made some changes on the names...

If there is anyone who can help me with this, it would be much appreciated! !

=

// IF USER HAS NOT MADE ANY SELECTIONS OR SELECTED ALL OF THE 3

if(Count(distinct SourceName)=3,

// IF THERE IS NOT ANY SELECTIONS, WE WILL SUM THE A,B AND C WITH FILTERS

(sum({$<SourceName ={'*'} - {'C'}>} VALUE)) + (sum({<[FILTER1]={'BANANA'}, [FILTER2] = {">$(=-100)<$(=100)"}, SourceName={'C'}>} VALUE))

// IF ONE SOURCE HAS BEEN SELECTED AND IT IS C

if(Count(distinct SourceName)=1, if(WildMatch(lower(GetFieldSelections(SourceName)),'*c*'),

// IF IT IS 1 AND IT IS C

(sum({<[FILTER1]={'BANANA'}, [FILTER2] = {">$(=-100)<$(=100)"}, SourceName={'C'}>} VALUE)),

// IF IT IS 1 AND IT IS NOT C

(sum(VALUE))),

// IF THE SELECTION IS DIFFERENT THAN 3 OR 1 (IN THIS CASE 2)

// IF THE C IS WITHIN SELECTIONS

if(WildMatch(lower(GetFieldSelections(SourceName)),'*c*'),

// IF THE SELECTIONS INCLUDE ALSO A

if(WildMatch(lower(GetFieldSelections(SourceName)),'*a*'),

(sum({<SourceName = {'A'}>} VALUE))

+ (sum({<[FILTER1]={'BANANA'}, [FILTER2] = {">$(=-100)<$(=100)"}, SourceName={'C'}>} VALUE))

// IF THE OTHER SELECTION INCLUDES B

if(WildMatch(lower(GetFieldSelections(SourceName)),'*b*'),

(sum({$<SourceName = {'B'}>} VALUE)) + (sum({<[FILTER1]={'BANANA'}, [FILTER2] = {">$(=-100)<$(=100)"}, SourceName={'C'}>} VALUE)))),

// IF THE C IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SELECTIONS

(sum(VALUE))

)))

The red part of the code is the one that does not work correctly on my table .. Actually it does the sum() values right on text-box for some reason.

Cheers,

Niko

13 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Please put on red color which expression is getting the problem..

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Not applicable
Author

Yeah, I was going to do that .. !

Kushal_Chawda

You are using lower function but highlighting character in UPPER

if(WildMatch(lower(GetFieldSelections(SourceName)),'*a*'),

(sum({<SourceName = {'A'}>} VALUE))

+ (sum({<[FILTER1]={'BANANA'}, [FILTER2] = {">$(=-100)<$(=100)"}, SourceName={'C'}>} VALUE))

// IF THE OTHER SELECTION INCLUDES B

if(WildMatch(lower(GetFieldSelections(SourceName)),'*b*'),

(sum({$<SourceName = {'B'}>} VALUE)) + (sum({<[FILTER1]={'BANANA'}, [FILTER2] = {">$(=-100)<$(=100)"}, SourceName={'C'}>} VALUE))))

Note: check parenthesis as well

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

a very good guess! That was just my mistake when I replaced the actual sourcenames.. They are at lowercase on my code. Good guess tho!

Cheers,

Niko

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Niko,

Please confirm me, one thing..

Are you filtering A & B from Source name is after selection / Before Selection / Current Selection ?

If Current Selection you should maintain $ for Current Selection in the Expression..

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Not applicable
Author

The if-condition should be working after selections, or that I am trying to achieve.

Where you mean I should use the $ then?

Cheers,

Niko

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Niko,

Please find below.. Or else please share me sample Application ....

Updated:

if(WildMatch(lower(GetFieldSelections(SourceName)),'*B*'), (sum({$<SourceName = {'B'}>} VALUE)) + (sum({<[FILTER1]={'BANANA'}, [FILTER2] = {">$(=-100)<$(=100)"}, SourceName={'C'}>} VALUE)))

if(WildMatch(lower(GetFieldSelections(SourceName)),'*A*'), (sum({$<SourceName = {'A'}>} VALUE)) + (sum({<[FILTER1]={'BANANA'}, [FILTER2] = {">$(=-100)<$(=100)"}, SourceName={'C'}>} VALUE)))

rubenmarin

Hi Niko, I don't see why isn't working. Wildmatch isn't case sensitive but set analysis is case sensitive, it leads to think about something with case in set analysis but if that was the case, the first part of the 'If' wouldn't work either.

To check it it's an 'If' or a 'sum' issue you can try changing each if to return a different number (a simple '1', '2', etc...) to check if the 'if' is going to the expected sentence.

Not applicable
Author

I have tried something like that already to see what part of my IF-clause does not work.. Just outputting different strings of the steps and they seem to work.

Actually now when I tested with numbers, the last two steps that are highlighted with red.. Does not work the way I want them to work.

If I put number 1 to the if(WildMatch(lower(GetFieldSelections(SourceName)),'*a*'),

and number 2 to the if(WildMatch(lower(GetFieldSelections(SourceName)),'*b*'),

They return the values to the table when I select the opposite value?

Cheers,

Niko