Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
delmak2000
Creator
Creator

What's the Difference between the QlikView Publisher and the PDF Report Distribution Service?

Hi all,

Let me first thank everyone on this community for the great job you've all done over the years of providing answers to people and also teaching us all new capabilities of QlikView. Indeed I have been a benefactor from numerous posts. At the same Season Greeting to everyone!

After going through numerous QlikView documents and whitepapers and internet searches, I still haven't gotten a clear answer to my above question. Pls can someone explain in details the difference(like can one create PDF and the other distributes....) cause they do carry some hefty separate amounts?

Thanks.

Ayodele

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi

To be simple

The publisher can launch qvw, truncate qvw, distribute qvw and ditribute PDF (an some other management functionalities : security...)

The PDF Report Distribution is an add-on of publisher. It will just create automatically many PDF from embedded "QlikView Report PDF" functionality.

SO if you want PDF report YOU NEED publisher AS WELL

I hope it is clear enough. Else try to get publisher doc it is much explained

best regards

chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable

Hi

To be simple

The publisher can launch qvw, truncate qvw, distribute qvw and ditribute PDF (an some other management functionalities : security...)

The PDF Report Distribution is an add-on of publisher. It will just create automatically many PDF from embedded "QlikView Report PDF" functionality.

SO if you want PDF report YOU NEED publisher AS WELL

I hope it is clear enough. Else try to get publisher doc it is much explained

best regards

chris

delmak2000
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Chris,

I do get your explanations but why are they costed separately on the QlikView website, if the PDF Report Distribution is an add-on to the Publisher and not a separate entity?

Not applicable

Ayodele

you can buy either the publisher alone (i mean if you have QV Server of course)

or buy PDF Report Distribution + Publisher because it can't work without

So you have to pay for both

Best regards

Chris