Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nagarajupinnibo
Creator
Creator

When I click on one dimension(created as hyperlink), it needs show pop value of other dimension

Hi,

I created a straight table with one dimension as hyperlink and when I click on link, it needs to show pop of other dimension value.

When I add some URL value i.e., www.google.com  for second dimension, its working fine. But, my second dimension contain text values not URL values.

when we click link, it just needs to show pop up of other dimension.

I added sample document and data sheet.

Please provide best solution for it.

Thanks

-Nagaraju

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Don't use url, but use the fact that when you select in an table you select a value in the dimension. On base of that you can show a textBox with conditional show. See attached example.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Don't use url, but use the fact that when you select in an table you select a value in the dimension. On base of that you can show a textBox with conditional show. See attached example.

nagarajupinnibo
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Piet Hein,

Its working fine now.

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You're welcome!

nagarajupinnibo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Piet Hein,

I need some help on the same thing. when I click on Text dimension value, Pop up needs to come along with OK button, but it need not select text dimension value. Only pop up and OK button, need to show.

Just I will click on it, Pop up needs to come showing dimension(Description ) value with OK button. When I click OK, Pop up text needs to close.

Please provide me solution for it without selecting Text dimension value and need to show pop up and OK button.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks

-Nagaraju

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You need the trigger, so a solution with a non field dimension (e.g. valuelist) would not work, and selecting in a table will select a value in the dimension field. You could create a data island (load a field with the dimension values not connected to any other data) and use set analysis to calculate the correct results. Another solution would be to still use the selection, but display results regardless of that selection. This can be achieved with set analysis as well e.g. in my example qvw:

=Only({<ID,Name>}Text)

Use the button/textbox to deselect the dimension values (as in my example file) and the end user won't notice he has selected a value.

nagarajupinnibo
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Piet Hien,

I don't want to select any value in table. I will click on Text dimension value, Popup needs to come along with OK button and when I click OK, popup needs to close.

Just I will click on it, Pop up needs to come showing dimension(Description ) value with OK button. When I click OK, Pop up text needs to close.

Please provide me solution for it without selecting any value in table.

Thanks

-Nagaraju

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I don't think you understood my comment, it is not possible.

I also don't understand why you should want this, with my suggestion the end user won't notice the selection anyway.