Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jldengra
Creator
Creator

When does Section Access "ACCESS" field value require upper case ?

Hello,

In order to improve the Section Access management from a QV document, I changed it to be loaded from a database table instead a text file.

My surprise is that the behaviour is different, since it does not work properly, having exactly the same values in both text file and database table.

After testing for a long while, I notice that the only way to make it work fine is changing the ACCESS field to be in upper case, since its values were taken as "User" or "Admin" when loaded from the file without the need to be in upper case.

I have fixed it, but I don't understand why upper case is needed when it did not need it before when loaded from a file.

Can anyone tell me why the behaviour is different ?

When Section Access "ACCESS" field value requires upper case, when not and why ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

J.L.Dengra

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi José Luis,

Section access requires all field names and values to be uppercase. In all cases except for INLINE tables, where the conversion is done by QlikView itself.

It's been like this for a long time, and will be for the time being. When you LOAD your section access table, no matter how or from, all fields and values must be uppercase. But when you are prompted, you can enter your name either uppercase or lowercase, and likewise your password, and that will work as far as QlikView is concerned.

In short: uppercase is a must always

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi José Luis,

Section access requires all field names and values to be uppercase. In all cases except for INLINE tables, where the conversion is done by QlikView itself.

It's been like this for a long time, and will be for the time being. When you LOAD your section access table, no matter how or from, all fields and values must be uppercase. But when you are prompted, you can enter your name either uppercase or lowercase, and likewise your password, and that will work as far as QlikView is concerned.

In short: uppercase is a must always

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

jldengra
Creator
Creator
Author

It seems that QlikView (version 10) not only performs the conversion to upper case for INLINE tables, but also for tables loaded from a text file.

I will keep in mind what you state: "upper case is a must always".

Thank you very much, Miguel.