Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wunderch
Creator
Creator

Where are the notes stored?

Hello,

can somebody tell me, where are the notes of a .qvw in Version 11 stored?

For example to delete all notes of a .qvw as ADMIN.

Kindly regards

Christian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Christian,

the notes are stored in the associated *.SHARED files in your user documents (depending on where you publish your files of course). You can open the *.SHARED files with a text editor, but the infortmation is stored somewhat cryptically, so deleting lines of text here is really not easily done and I would really recommend not messing with the shared files this way.

The best solution for deleting all notes, I guess, whould then be deleting the entire *.SHARED file. However, this is also where user bookmarks are stored, so those will be gone as well.

Regards,

Jakob

View solution in original post

1 Reply
jjfabian
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Christian,

the notes are stored in the associated *.SHARED files in your user documents (depending on where you publish your files of course). You can open the *.SHARED files with a text editor, but the infortmation is stored somewhat cryptically, so deleting lines of text here is really not easily done and I would really recommend not messing with the shared files this way.

The best solution for deleting all notes, I guess, whould then be deleting the entire *.SHARED file. However, this is also where user bookmarks are stored, so those will be gone as well.

Regards,

Jakob