Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II

Where condition is requires too much time to execute

Hi All,

We have where condition with the sql statement.'it seems that it is taking too much time to reload.

2019-10-15 22:00:28 0071         datetime

2019-10-15 22:00:28 0072 FROM cp_data

2019-10-15 22:00:28 0073 WHERE

2019-10-15 22:00:28 0074         parameter IN (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 37, 38, 41, 46, 39, 40, 47, 50, 53, 54, 264)

2019-10-16 03:32:05                 2 fields found: IMEI_cp_id, Crane_status,

2019-10-16 03:32:05      26,973 lines fetched

I have attached the log file for the same.

Could you please suggest how to go ahead.

Regards,

Kishor.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You need to check the performance/settings of the database because Qlik doesn't execute the SQL itself else it only transfer the query and received the results and by so less records it's probably not a matter of the network.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

You need to check the performance/settings of the database because Qlik doesn't execute the SQL itself else it only transfer the query and received the results and by so less records it's probably not a matter of the network.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The  only additional information I can provide is you are running a release which was known to be a bit unstable, and I cannot recall if there were any issues related to reloading or not, so I would highly encourage you to update to the latest SR in the 12.20 track, which is SR10, the full build is 12.20.21100, there are a couple of security fixes you likely want too, just FYI.  

I do agree with Marcus though, it is more likely to be an issue with the SQL Connector, which is usually provided by the DB vendor, so they are likely the better resource on this one to inquire of why the query is taking so long.  The way to prove this would be to use Excel or some other program to use the same Connector as you are using for QlikView and test the query there, if it takes the same amount of time roughly, then you know it is in the Connector or DB backend, but if it is significantly faster, I would definitely do the SR update and test there and take it from that point.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.