Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Which Approach is better

Hello Folks,

I have created the data model in three different ways, Can anyone tell me which one is better approach to follow.

1)  Approach

Approach 1.png

2> Approach :

Approach 2.png

I wanted to know which one is better from all respect like performance, reload and etc.

Guidence would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sarfaraz

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

I am seeing only two approaches, is there a third one you wanted to show?

With regards to the performance, I don't see too much difference between the two... it's just a matter of preference as to how you would want you data model to look like? A single fact table or two fact table model?

pipuindia99
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Where is the 3rd Data model?

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Third approach is the join between two fact tables .

Sarfaraz

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I would go first one

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Anonymous
Not applicable

I prefer  approach one

sunny_talwar

Between approach 1 and 2, you prefer 1? What is the basis for this preference? I understand the preference of 1 between ApplyMap and a join... but not sure I understand how you can choose between 1 and 2?

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

I didn't mention i prefer 1st sunny. I provided the link for the OP to go through  when apply map and when join . I guess you commented on the wrong comment.

Learning never stops.
sunny_talwar

You did mention that if it is a one to one mapping then you would go with ApplyMap. That means that you are indirectly suggesting to pick one. I wonder why. My comment was not to portray that you are wrong, I just want to know if I am missing anything