Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Which Approach is better

Hello Folks,

I have created the data model in three different ways, Can anyone tell me which one is better approach to follow.

1)  Approach

Approach 1.png

2> Approach :

Approach 2.png

I wanted to know which one is better from all respect like performance, reload and etc.

Guidence would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sarfaraz

14 Replies
sunny_talwar

I am seeing only two approaches, is there a third one you wanted to show?

With regards to the performance, I don't see too much difference between the two... it's just a matter of preference as to how you would want you data model to look like? A single fact table or two fact table model?

pipuindia99
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Where is the 3rd Data model?

sarfaraz_sheikh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Third approach is the join between two fact tables .

Sarfaraz

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I would go first one

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Anonymous
Not applicable

I prefer  approach one

sunny_talwar

Between approach 1 and 2, you prefer 1? What is the basis for this preference? I understand the preference of 1 between ApplyMap and a join... but not sure I understand how you can choose between 1 and 2?

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

I didn't mention i prefer 1st sunny. I provided the link for the OP to go through  when apply map and when join . I guess you commented on the wrong comment.

Learning never stops.
sunny_talwar

You did mention that if it is a one to one mapping then you would go with ApplyMap. That means that you are indirectly suggesting to pick one. I wonder why. My comment was not to portray that you are wrong, I just want to know if I am missing anything