Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prabhu1204
Creator
Creator

Why Left join in interval Match

left join(Data)

IntervalMatch([ Date])

load StartDate,
EndDate

resident Data;

left join (Date)

load *

resident Data;

This code work But i wanted to know Why we use 2 left join ? I searched Qlikview community and implemented this.

Without left join my codes doesnt work.. 

-Prabhu
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hey, Prabhul,

What the interval match function does is it creates a new column in the table where the time ranges exist. That column contains the values found in the counter table with the exact 'dates'.

The left join combines the two tables in one. If you do not join the data, you need to make sure you have the columns properly named, otherwise you may trigger unwanted synthetic keys or auto-concatenation.

Ex:

image.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hey, Prabhul,

What the interval match function does is it creates a new column in the table where the time ranges exist. That column contains the values found in the counter table with the exact 'dates'.

The left join combines the two tables in one. If you do not join the data, you need to make sure you have the columns properly named, otherwise you may trigger unwanted synthetic keys or auto-concatenation.

Ex:

image.png

Prabhu1204
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for clarifying

-Prabhu
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just adding a Design Blog post on IntervalMatch too, might provide a little further explanation on things for you:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/IntervalMatch/ba-p/1464547

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.