Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why does my 2 line caption become 3 lines (one blank) when viewed through Access Point (ajax client)???

Hi,

Probably a really silly question and hopefully a simple fix ...

I've got a chart which needs wrapped text in the caption (goes into two lines) and that's fine.  When I view it by either opening the document directly or through the IE Plugin it's fine, but if I use the ajax client (which some of our end users will need to do) the caption suddenly goes to three or four lines giving a large blank gap and looking a bit rubbish.  I've tried to paste in images of what I mean below ... hope they show ...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Emma

Collections Good.PNGCollections Bad.PNG

4 Replies
Michael_Reese
Employee
Employee

I am running into the problem for some charts.  Others work fine.  Seems to be a bug.  I reported it to QlikTech.

Did you ever find a solution?

Michael_Reese
Employee
Employee

I figured it out.  The problem is the chr(13) in the caption.  Ajax repeats it and creates and extra line.  It's a bug.  You could use a text over the chart instead.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Yes, depending on the browser Chr(10) is sometimes needed in addition, and Chr(13) not always displays as it would be expected. We also use text object with 100% transparency in these cases when Ajax is the only way to display the chart.

Let's see what happens in version 11

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the info - I haven't found a way to fix so I'll probably go with the text box option.  Very annoying though, hope they fix it in V11!

Thanks,

Emma