Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Why source documents not displayed in QMC?

Have set up the source document folder in QMC -> System -> Distribution Service -> General -> Source Document

And there is qvw under the source document.

However the folder displayed as empty (no document) in QMC -> Source Doucment?

Any one know why?

17 Replies
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Jack,

left hand side of your folder + symbol is there,i hope you will observe that and click on that + symbol

then you can see your .qvw files

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rama. I mean second folder D:\,,\QV, there is no '+' sign though there are folders and qvw files inside. Quite strange. it is a production environment i dont always have access.

ramasaisaksoft

Better to consult Admin

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Do you have Prod Folder from your server machine, If so, Convert into 3-Tier Architecture for that

- QlikView Prod Folder

-QVD   

-QVW

-Excel

-Nprinting(If have)

-DB Exports

Then Create Root Folder for QlikView Prod Folder and then see, How this works. Don't worry about Source path. If you have same path it should work. And remind you, this should be done special Drive ( Either Scrap { We Can say})

Check and let us know

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Convert into 3-Tier Architecture. can explain more what's 3-Tier architecture?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I mean, Filter only QVW's into Original Folder and then create Mount Folder for that and then see whether visible or not. In that, check files are ready to start or not on access point.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Lokeshb31
Contributor III
Contributor III

We are also facing the same issue. Anyone got the solution? 

Recently, we deleted .qvw file and associated task from source document folder and migrated new .qvw file there however its not visible in source document folder there. Secondly, we could see difference that all subfolders are under orphans folder in prod but in dev, all subfolders are parallel to orphans folder.

Is there any corruption happened? Business users want to see new .qvw file there and we are unable find it there. 

Please help.

Lokeshb31
Contributor III
Contributor III

I restarted qlikview services which resolved the issue.